Job Posting: Jr. Digital Marketer and New Honey Product Developer
Drizzle is a fast growing start-up company that makes boutique, sustainable honey products for the next generation of consumers! A multi-faceted position, with a focus on digital marketing and new honey product development/launch. This position requires between part to full time hours, depending on current project load, your experience level and busy seasons.
We are looking for a well-organized, self-starter that can work independently and is not afraid to ask questions. A creative eye, a friendly sense of humour and a drive to help our business grow is critical. Experience in digital marketing, social media and website design is a definite asset. Experience with food ingredients and a love of experimenting with trending, healthy flavours is also an asset. If you are keen on learning about running a food-based small business, selling premium products and interacting with entrepreneurs then this is a great position for you!
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is located in the Venture Communications building in an open concept co-working space, surrounded by other entrepreneurs. You will be working one-on-one with me (Drizzle’s owner) and occasionally with our contract photographers, graphic designers and service providers. There is the possibility of a flexible schedule and work location based on performance.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone looking for a fun, unique work environment
- Creative and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience in any or all of: digital solutions, web design and development, social media, blogging, graphic design, video production
- Experience with food ingredients and a love of experimenting with trending, healthy flavours
- An understanding of social media trends and current marketing tactics
- Genuinely be team oriented, approachable and a great problem solver
- An imaginative eye and attention to detail that complements our brand’s style, mood and design
- Familiarity with food trends and the millennial mindset
- Must be out of school and be a post-secondary graduate
- Someone who has not yet participated in a Youth Employment Strategy program
Knowledge in these areas would be assets:
- Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook
- Shopify’s ecommerce platform
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Mail Chimp, Later, Hootsuite and/or similar digital marketing platforms
- Good quality, honest food!
What types of things will you be working on?
- Maintaining our email and content marketing, including blog posts, Drizzle newsletters and email promotions
- Social media management and content generation for Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest focused on targeting influencers, new retailers and our target market
- Creative input and design of layouts, graphics, mock-ups for new and existing print material, web and email marketing
- Shopify ecommerce platform maintenance, including SEO/SEM
- Assistance with new honey product research and development, which includes sourcing sustainable ingredients, sampling (yum!) and researching production methods
- Some administrative tasks
- Maintaining our Drizzle brand ambassador program, including communicating with our existing ambassadors and engaging with possible new ambassadors
- Tasting demos and markets, during the week and weekend
- Help with pouring, packaging and labelling honey products
- Communication with our contract photographers, printer and graphic designers
- Sampling honey, eating honeycomb, talking about bees and bouncing around ideas for new products!
What we need from you:
Send us a video, wow us with a blog post, share you portfolio or inspire us with a social media post. Get creative! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Wednesday September 6th. Interviews will be held on September 7th and 8th. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org