Job Posting: Jr. Digital Marketer
Drizzle is a fast growing start-up company that makes honey products for the next generation of consumers - not to mention they are luxurious, delicious and healthy! This full time, summer position will run from June 5 to September 1, 2017. There is the possibility of a part or full time extension past September.
We are looking for a well-organized, self-starter that can work independently and is not afraid to ask questions. A creative eye, a friendly sense of humour and a drive to help our business grow is critical. Any experience in digital marketing, social media or website design would be a definite asset. If you are keen on learning about running a food-based small business, selling premium products and interacting with other entrepreneurs then this is a great position for you!
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is located in the Venture Communications building in an open concept co-working space, surrounded by other entrepreneurs. You will be working one-on-one with me (Drizzle’s owner) and occasionally with our contract photographers, graphic designers and service providers. There is the possibility of a flexible schedule and work location based on performance.
Who are we looking for?
- Someone looking for a fun, unique work environment
- Creative and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience in any or all of: digital solutions, web design and development, social media, blogging, graphic design, video production
- An understanding of social media trends and current marketing tactics
- Genuinely be team oriented, approachable and a great problem solver
- An imaginative eye and attention to detail that complements our brand’s style, mood and design
- Familiarity with food trends and the millennial mindset
- A post secondary graduate
Knowledge in these areas would be assets:
- Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook
- Shopify’s ecommerce platform
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Mail Chimp, Hootsuite and/or similar digital marketing platforms
- Good quality, honest food!
What types of things will you be working on?
- Development of email and content marketing, including blog posts and email promotions
- Social media management and content generation for Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest focused on targeting influencers, new retailers and our target market
- Creative input on designs, layouts, graphics, mock-ups for new and existing print material, web and email marketing
- Press release and media kit development
- Shopify ecommerce platform development and maintenance, including SEO, SEM and (depending on experience)
- Some administrative tasks
- Occasional help at an event or market, possibly on the weekend
- Communication with our contract photographers, printer and graphic designers
- Sampling honey, eating honeycomb, talking about bees and bouncing around ideas for new products!
What we need from you:
Send us a video, wow us with a blog post, share you portfolio or inspire us with a social media post. Get creative! Don't feel like you meet all the requirements but you are quick learning computer or design wiz? We are open to hearing from you! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Thursday May 25th 2017. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org