Operations and Supply Chain Lead
Drizzle is a fast-growing start-up company that creates completely raw, bee-friendly, 100% Canadian honey products for the next generation of consumers! We are seeking an individual for is a multi-faceted position, with a focus on managing operations, supply chain and sales leads. This position will be 20 hours per week starting immediately, moving up to full-time hours starting November 1st. There is the possibility of a flexible schedule and work location based on performance.
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is located in the Venture Communications building in an open concept co-working space, surrounded by other entrepreneurs. You will be working in-house one-on-one with me (Drizzle’s owner), our Digital Marketer, and our Administrative Coordinator. Externally our team includes our Accounting firm, Lawyers, Brand Management team, and our Distribution teams. We recently received an investment from District Ventures Capital, led by Arlene Dickinson of the Dragon’s Den.
This is a new position for our team, so we are looking for a well-organized, self-starter that can work independently and is not afraid to build a position from the ground up. Skills in creating growth opportunities and solutions, supporting leads, a friendly sense of humour and a drive to help our business growth are critical. Experience in consumer packed goods, inventory and order management, retail strategy and tracking sales projections and spend are assets. If you are keen on contributing to the successful national and international growth of our business, selling premium products and completing a number of fast-paced projects then this is a great position for you!
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a positive attitude, looking for a unique work environment
- Creative and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Self-starter not afraid of taking on tasks and systems brand new to the company
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Has high attention detail, data and numbers
- Experience creating and managing large spreadsheets of data
- Experience communicating with customers and representatives about product and brand details
- An understanding of profit and loss, income statements and balance sheets
- Packaged good industry experience, including sales, marketing, management, e-commerce, retail, sourcing, ordering
- Experience learning new programs and applications, inputting, correcting and analyzing systems
- Someone with a background in business and commerce
- Passionate about sustainability and familiarity with corporate responsibility
- Team oriented, friendly, approachable and a great problem solver
- Familiarity with food trends and the millennial mindset
- French or Chinese second language considered an asset, although not required
- Must be out of school and be a post-secondary graduate
- Someone who has not yet participated in a Youth Employment Strategy program
Knowledge in these areas are assets:
- Microsoft Suite, including proficiency in Excel
- EDI, including SPS Commerce or similar solutions
- Receiving, packing and shipping orders through 3PL service providers
- Warehouse and logistics systems
- BCorp Certification
- Project management tools including Asana, Slack, etc.
- CRM system including SalesForce, Hubspot, etc.
- Good quality, honest food!
What types of things will you be working on?
- Researches new systems and processes to implement for company optimization
- Processing purchase orders and ensuring correct delivery of orders from our warehouses directly to stores or to our distributors
- Managing EDI through SPS Commerce including set up and ensuring EDI functions correctly for EDI customers
- Reviewing payment slips for completeness and accuracy, tracking chargebacks into trade spend excels
- Tracking inventory, forecasting production runs, creating batch sheets and ordering ingredients based on incoming sales reports
- Assist in establishing, projecting and monitoring budgets
- Working directly with and supporting incoming requests and approvals from retailers, our broker and distribution teams
- Experience with export markets
- Evaluating retailer and sales performance; coming up with creative solutions to increase sell-through
- Creating retail leads and sales, evaluating incoming opportunities
- Evaluating products, materials and procedures for cost-of-goods and budget optimization
- Supporting launch into new markets including the USA and China
- Sampling honey, eating honeycomb, talking about bees and bouncing around ideas for new products and initiatives!
We all work together to help create a responsible, thriving company, therefore, the whole team provides creative input to each other’s projects and delivers an exceptional, above and beyond, experience for our customers. Our company runs lean by outsourcing when necessary. Internally our team is under 4 people, while our brand is represented by 48+ sales reps across Canada, and soon the USA. While we are still a young company, this position has a strong potential to blossom into a rewarding career with a household brand.
What we need from you:
Send us a video, wow us with a blog post, share your portfolio or inspire us with a social media post. Get creative! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, August 19th, 2018. Interviews will be held the week of August 20th. Position starts August 27th. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you!