Business Administrative Coordinator
Drizzle is a fast-growing start-up company that creates completely raw, bee-friendly, 100% Canadian honey products for the next generation of consumers! We are seeking an individual for is a multi-faceted position, with a focus on coordinating and attending brand awareness events, customer service and administrative tasks. This position requires about 30 hours per week, depending on current project load and busy seasons. There is the possibility of a flexible schedule and work location based on performance.
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is located in the Venture Communications building in an open concept co-working space, surrounded by other entrepreneurs. You will be working in-house one-on-one with me (Drizzle’s owner), our Digital Marketer, and our Operations and Supply Chain Lead. Externally our team includes our Accounting firm, Lawyers, Brand Management team, and our Distribution teams. We recently received an investment from District Ventures Capital, led by Arlene Dickinson of the Dragon’s Den.
This is a new position for our team, so we are looking for a well-organized, self-starter that can work independently and is not afraid to build a position from the ground up. A creative eye, a friendly sense of humour and a drive to help our business growth is critical. Experience in digital and in-person customer service, procedure development and event management are definite assets. Experience with educating consumers on new products, and a love for experimenting with trending, health-conscious foods is also an asset. If you are keen on contributing to the successful national and international growth of our business, selling premium products and completing a number of fast-paced, continuous projects then this is a great position for you!
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a positive attitude, looking for a unique work environment
- Creative and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Self-starter not afraid of taking on tasks and systems brand new to the company
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Experience organizing and attending events which involve sampling and communicating to customers about product and brand details
- Packaged good industry experience, including sales, marketing, e-commerce, retail, sourcing, ordering
- Has high attention detail, data and numbers
- Passionate about sustainability and familiarity with corporate responsibility
- Experience in any or all of digital solutions, crowdfunding, grant applications
- Experience with food ingredients and a love of experimenting with trending, healthy flavours
- Must be out of school and be a post-secondary graduate
- Someone who has not yet participated in a Youth Employment Strategy program
Knowledge in these areas would be assets:
- Microsoft Suite, including Excel
- Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook
- Shopify’s e-commerce platform
- Receiving, packing and shipping orders through 3rd party, online applications
- BCorp Certification
- Project management tools including Asana, Slack, etc.
- Mail Chimp, Later, Hootsuite and/or similar digital marketing platforms
- Good quality, honest food!
What types of things will you be working on?
- Management and allocation of Drizzle’s main email line
- Fulfilling orders (e-commerce, samples, retail) to customers sales reps and retailers
- Planning and attending tasting and sales demos and markets, during the week and weekend
- Checking on Drizzle store displays in local key accounts such as Sobeys and Co-op
- Contributing research and written content to blog posts and newsletters
- Engaging with customer inquiries via social media, forums, email and our digital platform
- Compiling donations and giveaways for marketing purposes
- Planning and preparation for tradeshows and large sales events, including booking logistics, input towards booth design and suggesting marketing materials
- Assisting with inquiries and written applications for grants, awards, certifications and crowdfunding campaigns
- Engaging with new retailers to ensure they have all required support
- Contributing to the development of our employee handbook and strategic plan
- Develop, maintain and update internal process documents and procedures
- Other administrative tasks including data entry, quotes, research on pricing, packaging, printing and materials, inventory and order management.
- Sampling honey, eating honeycomb, talking about bees and bouncing around ideas for new products and initiatives!
We all work together to help create a responsible, thriving company, therefore, the whole team provides creative input to each other’s projects and delivers an exceptional, above and beyond, experience for our customers. Our company runs lean by outsourcing when necessary. Internally our team is under 4 people, while our brand is represented by 50+ sales reps across Canada, and soon the USA. While we are still a young company this position has a strong potential to blossom into a rewarding career with a household brand.
What we need from you:
Send us a video, wow us with a blog post, share your portfolio or inspire us with a social media post. Get creative! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, August 19th, 2018. Interviews will be held the week of August 20th. Position starts August 27th. Please send to email@example.com