Drizzle is a fast-growing start-up company that makes honey products for the next generation of consumers! This full-time, hourly position is based in Calgary. Depending on the candidate, the position location and hours may be flexible.
This is a new position for our team, so we are looking for a well-organized, self-starter that can work independently and is not afraid to build a position from the ground up. An eye on trends, a friendly sense of humour and a drive to promote our brand and help our business sell product is critical. Proficiency in graphics, web advertising, social media and web development is a must. If you are keen on contributing to the successful national and international growth of our business, selling premium health products and completing a variety of fast-paced, continuous projects then this is a great position for you!
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is located in the District Ventures/Venture Communications building on Kensington Rd. in an open concept co-working space. Due to COVID-19 precautions, you would likely be rotating between the office and your at-home workspace. You will be working one-on-one with me (Drizzle’s owner), and our Operations and Supply Chain Lead. We also have a large outsourced team of photographers, graphic designers, our Accounting firm, Lawyers, Brand Management team, and our Distribution teams. We recently received an investment from District Ventures Capital (owner of our office space), led by Arlene Dickinson of the Dragon’s Den.
Drizzle is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are a Certified B CorporationTM and meet the highest standards of certifiable environmental and social performance.
Who are we looking for?
- This position is being assisted with a Youth Grant. Candidates must be under the age of 30, and a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Someone looking for a fun, unique work environment
- Creative and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Self-starter, independent worker
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Genuinely be team-oriented, approachable and a great problem solver
- An imaginative eye and attention to detail that complements our brand’s style, mood and design
- Familiarity with food trends and the millennial mindset
Skills in these areas would be assets:
- Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook social media management
- Mail Chimp, Later and/or similar digital marketing platforms
- Packaged good industry experience, including sales, marketing, e-commerce, retail, sourcing, ordering
- Increasing sales in:
- Shopify’s e-commerce platform, including app integration
- Etsy’s e-commerce platform sales
- ca and Amazon.com
- Alibaba (TMall)
- Landing Page and Website design
- Experience in optimizing websites, landing pages and user funnels
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator)
- Project management tools including Asana, Slack, etc.
- Microsoft Suite, including Excel
- Website analytics tools for ad and campaign management (e.g. Google Analytics, Shopify analytics)
What types of things will you be working on?
- Development of email and content marketing, including blog posts and email promotions to boost product visibility and sales
- Social media management and content generation for Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest focused on targeting influencers, new retailers and funnelling sales to our website.
- Influencer marketing, giveaways and takeovers
- Optimizing advertising campaigns both instore and online through Google Ad Words, display advertising, SEO/SEM, etc.
- Design of layouts, graphics, labels, mock-ups for new and existing print material, web and email marketing
- Photography and editing for marketing materials and website
- Engaging with Press, including press releases and media kit development
- Shopify and Etsy e-commerce platform development and maintenance, to maximize sales conversions.
- Assisting with Amazon and TMall sales platforms
- Analyzing metrics, identifying trends and optimizing performance
- Some administrative tasks
- Help at tasting demos and markets, during the week and weekend
- Communication with our contract photographers, printer and graphic designers
- Sampling honey, eating honeycomb, talking about bees and bouncing around ideas for new products!
What we need from you:
Send us a video, wow us with a blog post, share your portfolio or inspire us with a social media post. Get creative! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, July 12, 2020. Please send to email@example.com