This Thai rainbow noodle salad is packed full of colourful veggies. You can pretty much throw in any veggies that you like but I think this combo is tops. These particular veggies are nice and crisp and crunchy. Even the next day or two after they stay crunchy and not soggy from the sauce! Plus they are super nutrient dense.
Out of all the Asian cuisines, Thai food has always been my favourite. To me, it seems to be so fresh and contains more colour than other cuisines, and they always seem to have the best satay sauces.
One of the star ingredients in this sauce is the raw honey from Drizzle for so many reasons! First, it’s infused with ginger which is apart of their superfood line. Next, it is a great source of antioxidants. Antioxidants prevent cell damage that free radicals cause. Raw honey is also prebiotic so it nourishes the good bacteria that live in the digestive tract which is crucial for overall health. This Ginger Shine Raw Honey is great because it adds the ginger taste and honey sweetness to the peanut sauce. It also tastes so good alone. The kids and I have been enjoying a teaspoon here and there!
All you need for this recipe is a mandolin (or you can chop by hand) and a blender. It's really simple. Yet so flavourful. Don’t let the thought of chopping stop you. You won't regret making this delicious, nutritious salad!
Thai Rainbow Noodle Salad with Peanut Sauce
Recipe by: Sarah Ramsay, Sarah's Little Loves
- 1/2 packet Pad Thai Style rice noodles
- 4 cups mix of cabbage, carrots, cucumber, radish, and red bell pepper shredded or grated (I used a mandolin)
- 2 greens onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup Cashews, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Natural peanut butter (peanuts only)
- 1/2 Orange, juiced
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- 2 tbsp Drizzle Ginger Shine Raw Honey
- 2 tbsp Tamari or Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove
- Cook noodles according to packaging directions. Once cooked transfer to a colander and rinse with cold water. Let sit.
- Combine all sauce ingredients into a blender and blend.
- Combine all shredded veggies in a large bowl and mix to combine so it's colourful.
- Pour over your sauce and mix to make sure veggies are well coated. Add in the noodles and mix again till everything is well coated.
- Garnish with coriander and cashews, you can even squeeze some extra lime over too and drizzle sriracha if you like a bit of spice.