Want to work for Drizzle? We are hiring!
Drizzle is a fast-growing start-up company that creates all-natural, 100% Canadian, bee-friendly honey products for the next generation of consumers! We are seeking someone for a multi-faceted position which includes supporting our management team, receiving and fulfilling orders from our retailers and Drizzle’s online store, and managing customer service inboxes. This is a flexible hourly position. The candidate must live in Calgary.
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer-packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is located in the Venture Communications building in an open concept co-working space, surrounded by other entrepreneurs. Covid measures are in place to support the portion of this position that requires in-office work. You will be working with a small but mighty team, including Drizzle’s Founder, Digital Marketer, Logistics Coordinator and Director of Operations. We have a large external team including our Packaging Facility, Accounting Firm, Lawyers, Brand Management Group, Sales Reps and Distribution Teams. Drizzle has an investment from District Ventures Capital, led by Arlene Dickinson of the Dragons’ Den.
This is a new position for Drizzle, so we are looking for a well-organized, self-starter that can work independently and is not afraid to build a position from the ground up. The ability to easily educate customers with an authentic voice, a quick work pace, a friendly sense of humour and a drive to help our business grow is critical. Experience in order fulfillment, customer service and brand representation are definite assets. Experience with educating consumers on new products, and a love for experimenting with trending, health-conscious foods is also an asset. If you are keen on contributing to our business’s successful national and international growth, selling premium products and completing a number of fast-paced, continuous projects, this is a great position for you!
Drizzle is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are a Certified B Corporation™ meet the highest certifiable standards of environmental and social performance.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a positive attitude, looking for a unique work environment
- Quick and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Self-starter not afraid of taking on tasks and systems brand new to the company
- Excellent communication skills and ability to educate consumers to create a retail or wholesale purchase ultimately
- Experience organizing and attending events that involve sampling and communicating to customers about product and brand details
- Someone who takes care in the details of their work all the way from beautifully packaging our product to creating a well-presented document
Knowledge in these areas would be assets:
- Shopify, Etsy and Amazon e-commerce platforms
- Receiving, packing and shipping orders through 3rd party, online applications
- Packaged good industry experience, including sales, marketing, e-commerce, retail, sourcing, ordering
- Customer service via online chat and email
- DEAR ERP software
- Project management tools including Asana, Slack, etc.
- Administrative tasks, including inventory management, sales processing, grant writing
- Microsoft Suite, including Excel
What types of things will you be working on?
- Ensuring correct fulfillment of orders (e-commerce, samples, wholesale) through creating packing slip, boxing, booking carrier truck and tracking orders.
- Receiving purchase orders, replying to customer questions, educating customers and ultimately closing a purchase
- Compiling donations and giveaways for marketing purposes
- Engaging with new retailers to ensure they have all required marketing support
- Contributing to marketing activities such as social media, influencer/ambassador programs and our blog
- Planning and preparation for tradeshows and large sales events, including booking logistics, input towards booth design and suggesting marketing materials
- Communication with our contract photographers, printer and graphic designers
- Other administrative tasks including data entry, grant writing, quoting, research on pricing, packaging, printing and materials, inventory and order management
- Sampling honey, eating honeycomb, talking about bees and bouncing around ideas for new products and initiatives!
We all work together to help create a responsible, thriving company; therefore, the whole team provides creative input to each other’s projects and delivers beyond what is expected to our customers. Our company runs lean and outsources when necessary. Internally our team is under 5 people, while our brand is represented by 100+ sales reps across Canada and soon the USA. While we are still a young company, this position has strong potential to blossom into a rewarding career with a household brand.
This is a flexible, hourly position. Part time to full time hours depending on the right candidate. Pay is negotiable depending on experience. The candidate must live in Calgary. Our office is located at 2540 Kensington Rd. NW, Calgary, AB.
What we need from you:
Send us a video, wow us with a blog post, share your portfolio or inspire us with a social media post. Get creative! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Sunday, May 9, 2021. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org