Want to work for Drizzle? We are hiring!
Customer Service and Fulfillment Intern
August 9, 2021
Drizzle is a fast-growing start-up company that creates all-natural, 100% Canadian, bee-friendly honey products for the next generation of consumers! We are seeking someone to support our Logistics Coordinator receive and fulfil orders from our retailers and Drizzle’s online store and oversee our customer service inboxes. This is a 17-week internship position and the candidate must meet the criteria* listed below.
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer-packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is located in the Venture Communications building in an open concept co-working space, surrounded by other entrepreneurs. Covid measures are in place to support the portion of this position that requires in-office work. You will be working with a small but mighty team, including Drizzle’s Founder, Digital Marketer, Logistics Coordinator and Director of Operations. We have a large external team including our Packaging Facility, Accounting Firm, Lawyers, Brand Management Group, Sales Reps and Distribution Teams. Drizzle has an investment from District Ventures Capital, led by Arlene Dickinson of the Dragons’ Den.
Drizzle is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are a Certified B Corporation™ meet the highest certifiable standards of environmental and social performance.
We are looking for a well-organized, self-starter that can work independently. Experience in order fulfillment, customer service and brand representation are definite assets. Experience with educating consumers on new products, and previous experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry are also assets. If you are keen on contributing to our business’s successful national and international growth and selling premium products, this is a great position for you!
*This is an internship supported by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. We ask only applicants who meet the following criteria apply:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act**
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a positive attitude, looking for a unique work environment
- Someone who takes care in the details of their work and can beautifully package our product to create an unboxing journey, or create an eye-catching in-store display
- Quick and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Excellent communication skills and ability to educate consumers to ultimately create a retail or wholesale purchase
What types of things will you be working on?
- Ensuring correct fulfillment of orders (e-commerce, samples, wholesale) through creating packing slip, boxing, booking carrier truck and tracking orders.
- Replying to customer questions, educating customers, and ultimately closing a purchase
- Engaging with new retailers to ensure they have all required marketing support
- Support the Logistics Coordinator with other administrative tasks including data entry and order management
- This is an hourly Internship position which requires about 16 hours per week, preferably split between 3-4 business days/hours.
- The Internship is 17.5 weeks, starting Tuesday September 7th, 2021
- The candidate must be double vaccinated against Covid-19, as our shared office space has a vaccination passport requirement.
- The candidate must live in Calgary. Our office is located at 2540 Kensington Road NW, Calgary, AB.
What we need from you:
Send us a video, wow us with a blog post, share your portfolio or inspire us with a social media post. Get creative! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until midnight on Wednesday, August 25, 2021. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org