The holidays can be a little overwhelming. There are fancy parties galore, countless out of town guests to entertain, multi-course feasts to whip up, and of course, finding a gift for that one friend who’s impossible to buy for. Make things a little simpler for yourself with these quick and easy appetizers created with luxurious, indulgent Drizzle honey. Together or individually, they make a gorgeous party platter, the perfect dish to impress your in-laws with, and a delicious way to start off any holiday meal. (And pssst - a jar of Drizzle under the tree is an awesome gift for the honey lover in your life!)
Baked Brie with Holiday Spiced Honey
This recipe is a superstar. Drizzle Holiday Spiced Honey lends a complex, aromatic sweetness to the light, earthy flavour characteristic of a high-quality brie. Add in the nutty crunch of crushed walnuts, and you’ve got a classic holiday appetizer that you won’t be able to get enough of.
What you’ll need:Drizzle Holiday Spiced Honey
1 small wheel of brie
Crackers or sliced baguette
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the round of brie in the middle of a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese begins to ooze a little.
- Move the brie from the baking sheet to a serving platter. Slightly warm Drizzle Holiday Spiced Honey by placing the jar in a bowl of hot water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Dip a honey dipper into your jar, and drizzle a generous amount of honey over the brie.
- Top with crushed walnuts, and surround with crackers, slices of baguette, and fruit.
Holiday Spiced Honey, goat's cheese & pomegranate puff pastry
These festive, elegant treats are the perfect blend of savoury and sweet. Tart, juicy pomegranate and tangy, creamy goat’s cheese are balanced by the deep, warm flavours of Drizzle Holiday Spiced Honey.
What you’ll need:
Drizzle Holiday Spiced Honey
Soft goat’s cheese
Frozen puff pastry
- Unroll frozen puff pastry, and cut into bite-sized rectangles or squares.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper, and arrange squares in a single layer.
- Gently press the back of a small spoon into each square, creating a divet. Spoon a small amount of goat’s cheese into each divet.
- Bake the puff pastry according to the directions on the packaging it came in.
- Dip a honey dipper into your jar, and drizzle the honey over the baked pastries.
- Top with pomegranate seeds.
Honeycomb, blue cheese and pear crostini
Drizzle honeycomb is a unique and beautiful showcase ingredient. Stacked with mild, crisp Bosc pears and rich, salty blue cheese, Drizzle honeycomb adds a bright, caramelly sweetness to these flavour-packed bites.
What you’ll need:
Blue cheese, crumbled
Bosc pears, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly brush rounds of sliced baguette with olive oil, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake for 6-8 minutes, or until lightly toasted around the edges.
- Layer crumbled blue cheese and pear slices onto each round.
- Gently spoon a small amount of Drizzle honeycomb over the pears.
Drizzle isn’t only a delicious way to spice up your holiday appetizers; we’re all about raw, sustainable, and ethical honey that you can feel good about. Every jar contains healthy enzymes, vitamins, and minerals, and supports local bees and beekeepers too. So go ahead - indulge!