This recipe was made by When Hanger Strikes. Give them a follow on Instagram for more delicious content!
Do yourself a favour - skip your regular Sunday Football delivery and make these saucy butter chicken wings. You know that sweet and savoury flavour you crave in wings? It’s got all that and more. The Drizzle Cinnamon Spiced Raw Honey pairs sooo well with the garam masala spice in the sauce. Buttery, sweet, tangy, with a cool yogurt dip.
Check out the recipe below or head to When Hangers Strikes' Instagam post for the video walkthrough below!
Photo and Recipe by: When Hanger Strikes.
- 1.5 kg Raw Chicken Wings (32 wings)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Butter (recipe suggestion: don't use ghee, as the taste will be overpowering)
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Dried Fenugreek (Methi)
- 2 tbsp Drizzle Cinnamon Spiced Raw Honey
- 1 small can (156ml) Tomato Paste
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/4 cup Half & Half Cream
- Handful of Cilantro for garnish
For Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Minced Cilantro
- 1-2 tbsp Fresh Mint, minced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced or grated
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Pat the wings with a paper towel to dry them out, then sprinkle them generously with salt and pepper, as well as the baking powder. Mix well to coat.
- Lay them out on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet. Making sure they do not touch.
- Bake the wings for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and then turn the heat up to 450 F. Set the wins aside until ready to use.
- Preheat a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Once the pan is hot, add the butter and ginger garlic paste. The paste with splutter, so keep stirring until the sour smell in the powder goes away, roughly 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and then add the garam masala, turmeric, dried fenugreek, and sale. Stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, ensuring the spices do not burn.
- Add the honey and stir in for approximately 1 minute. Then add the tomato paste and water, stirring to fully combine. Let the sauce simmer on low for approximately 5-7 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasonings to your preference, then remove from heat.
- Stir the cream into the hot sauce and mix to fully combine. Transfer the cooked wings to a bowl and sauce about 1/2 cup of the sauce. Lay them back out onto a baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Remove from teh oven and toss in the remaining sauce, serving immediately with yogurt dipping sauce!
For the dipping sauce, combine all of the ingredients for the dip, mixing well to fully combine and serve with the wings.
You can check out the video walkthrough of this video here!