Something sweet for your sweetie! The nice thing about chocolate covered strawberries is that it is an all-time classic, easy and mess free, and endlessly customizable to your preferences! Enjoy this recipe with your favourite chocolate and toppings, featuring Drizzle Cacao Luxe Raw Honey that added the perfect amount of natural sweetness and extra creamy-ness to these strawberries.
Recipe Note: The Drizzle Team who created this recipe eyeballed most of these ingredients, so please get creative and use the yields that best work for you and your cravings! Give this recipe a try with your loved one for Valentine's, or even through FaceTime!
- 6 oz Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 lb Strawberries
- Drizzle Cacao Luxe Raw Honey
- 1 Tbsp Water or preferred Milk (we used Oat Milk)
- Optional: toppings such as coconut shavings, more honey for topping, sprinkles, candy, etc.
- Wash and chop strawberries and put in a bowl for later.
- If you have a 'Warmer' element on your stove, place the Drizzle Honey on there to begin heating up the honey slightly (this allows the honey to be a thinner consistency and easier to mix in for later!) Alternatively fill a bowl with hot water and place the honey in it for a few minutes.
- Combine the chocolate and the splash of water/milk (whatever you're choosing to use) in a medium saucepan. Keep on low for 2-3 minutes, mixing consistently.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add the Cacao Honey. I used approximately 60% chocolate to 40% honey ratio. Mix well.
- Once the chocolate and honey is combined, remove from heat and begin dipping your strawberries in that chocolatey goodness!
- Add the strawberries to a plate with wax paper. Once finished, leave them in the freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy! Any leftover strawberries will be best eaten the next morning for breakfast.
Drizzle Cacao Luxe is part of our Superfood Honey Collection, and as always is bee-friendly, completely raw, 100% Canadian, health conscious and superfood powered!
Ingredients: Raw Drizzle Honey, Organic Raw Cacao (Fair Trade), Organic Ceylon (True) Cinnamon, Organic Lucuma, Natural Madagascar Vanilla Extract
Delicious ways to enjoy Cacao Luxe: Mix into coffee and espresso-based beverages, use as a chocolate milk base, dip your fruit into the jar, use in granola bars and balls, elevate a simple cake by adding into a batter or using as an icing, drizzle onto porridge, blend into banana-cacao smoothies, use to make an incredible Mexican Mole sauce, etc. the possibilities are endless!