Recipe by Aga Bodes
13" focaccia bread
Hot Honey Focaccia
What You'll Need:
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup Hot Drizzle Honey
2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 cup warm water
1 package (7 grams) of active dry yeast
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
*Optional: edible flowers, garlic scapes, gooseberries, asparagus
- In a medium skillet, combine olive oil, rosemary and minced garlic, cook on low heat until aromatic (around 3 minutes).
- In a large bowl combine warm water and honey and stir to combine. Sprinkle the yeast on top of the water. Give it a quick stir and let it sit for 5-10 minutes until the yeast is foamy.
- Add 1 cup of the flour and a 1/4 cup of the infused garlic-olive oil mixture to the bowl with yeast and honey. Set the mixer to low speed and mix dough. Let sit for another 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining 1 1/2 cups of flour and the salt. When the dough comes together knead until smooth (If the dough is too sticky and isn’t pulling away from the sides of the bowl, add in an extra 1/4 cup flour).
- Grease the separate bowl with olive oil or cooking spray, then place the dough ball back in the bowl, cover it with a damp towel and let rise for 1 hour (it’s best to keep it in a warm location).
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer the dough to a parchment-covered 8-inch by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet. Use your fingers to poke deep dents. Drizzle the top with the remaining garlic-olive oil- rosemary mixture. Let the dough rise for additional 15 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked through (15 to 20 minutes). Remove from the oven.
- Cool baked focaccia bread on a wire rack.
- Drizzle with a little more Hot Honey, serve with optional garnishes - edible flowers, garlic scapes, asparagus, etc.