Recipe by Aga Bodes
2 x Avocado-Beet Toasts
Golden beet and avocado toast with Hot Honey
2 slices of multigrain bread
2 small avocados
1-2 golden beets
Garlic scapes/ spring onion/ chives
Pinch of salt
Optional: edible flowers
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the top of the beets, then wrap them loosely in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped beets on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 40 minutes.
- Peel and slice your beets, along with the avocados.
- Spark the avocados with a squeeze of fresh lime.
- Prepare the rest of your toppings (slice radishes, chop spring onions,etc.)
- Toast slices of bread until golden and firm.
- Top each toast with the avocado, beet, radishes, spring onions or garlic scapes and edible flowers.
- Drizzle with with Hot Honey and sprinkle with salt to taste.