Want to work for Drizzle?
Sales Account Manager
Drizzle is a growing, trending start-up company that makes honey products for the next generation of consumers! We are seeking an energetic self starter, savvy in sales outreach and developing relationships to build out our first internal sales person role. The candidate must meet the criteria* listed below. We are looking for a results driven individual with existing relationships in the food and beverage CPG industry amongst distributors, mass/indie/gift/promo retailers and food service. This individual will grow our existing account relationships, obtain reorders, and develop new retail relationships in Canada and the USA.
This is a remote or hybrid, part-time position. You will be working with Aja Horsley (Drizzle’s owner), and our Operations Manager (Alex) and our Digital Marketer (Nicole). We also have a large, outsourced team of photographers, graphic designers, our Accounting firm, Lawyers, Brand Management team, and our Distribution teams. We have an investment from District Ventures Capital led by Arlene Dickinson of the Dragon’s Den. We have a national sales brokerage team (LeBeau Excel) and this role will also help support the sales reps at the brokerage.
Drizzle is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are a Certified B Corporation and meet the highest standards of certifiable environmental and social performance.
*This position is supported by an Agriculture Canada’s Youth Employment and Skill’s Program grant. We ask only applicants who meet the following criteria apply:
- You are between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- You are unemployed or underemployed
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or a status refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- You are not in receipt of Employment Insurance during the work term
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a flexible and positive attitude, looking for a unique work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of the food industry (distributors, regional and national chains pertaining to food and beverage segment, independent retailers), gift/lifestyle retailers, food service and promotional and corporate vendors.
- Energetic, and strong in building sales relationships and growing revenue. Not afraid to pick up the phone.
What types of things will you be working on?
- Build a CRM system for Drizzle. Update client’s activities in the CRM database
- Preparation of account specific sales pitches/product presentations, pricing, item maintenance forms and requested materials to acquire new business.
- Drive sales among existing client accounts, including upselling and cross-selling.
- Regular customer presentations to help gain incremental volume and revenue.
- Build and maintain strong and enduring relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help maximize product distribution and increase market share.
- Coordination of sales meetings, agendas as required.
- Track promotional spend and MCBs.
- Build out annual promotional plan for distribution partners and retailers.
- Provide assistance to Brokerage sales reps. Complete and track all broker commissions.
- Coordinate field level demos.
- Attendance at Tradeshows
- Provide targeted information to our Digital Marketer for retailer newsletters and account blitz
- Prepare business reviews and sales reports.
- Present our existing and new products to distributor sales teams and brokerage sales team.
- Collaborate on promotional and marketing initiatives with Drizzle’s team.
- Other duties as required.
- This is an hourly position which requires about 20 hours per week to start. The opportunity to grow this into a full-time position is achievable as you grow Drizzle’s sales.
- This can be remote position as we will be looking at candidates from anywhere in Canada. A hybrid position is also available for candidates located in Calgary.
- Starting date in September 2023.
- Wage to be negotiated with experience.
- Phone allowance.
- Employee benefits provided after 3-month probationary period.
What we need from you:
Send us a video to introduce yourself, tag us in a social media story or get creative to get our attention! Cover letter, resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until August 20, 2023. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org