Want to work for Drizzle? We are hiring!
Drizzle is a growing, trending start-up company that makes honey products for the next generation of consumers! We are seeking someone to support our Operations team receive and fulfil orders from our retailers and Drizzle’s online store, and oversee our customer service inboxes. The candidate must meet the criteria* listed below. We are looking for a well-organized and detailed individual, who can work quickly to pack orders. Experience in order fulfillment, customer service and brand representation are definite assets.
Drizzle is part of District Ventures, a business accelerator for consumer-packaged goods located in Calgary. Our office is in the Venture Communications building on Kensington Rd. in an open concept co-working space. You will be working one-on-one with Aja Horsley (Drizzle’s owner), and our Operations Manager (Alex). We also have a large, outsourced team of photographers, graphic designers, our Accounting firm, Lawyers, Brand Management team, and our Distribution teams. We have an investment from District Ventures Capital (owner of our office space), led by Arlene Dickinson of the Dragon’s Den.
Drizzle is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are a Certified B Corporation and meet the highest standards of certifiable environmental and social performance.
*This is an internship supported by the Agriculture Canada’s Youth Employment and Skill’s Program. We ask only applicants who meet the following criteria apply:
- You are between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- You face barriers including:
- living with a physical disability
- living with a diagnosed mental health disability
- visible minorities
- recent immigrants (within 5 years)
- living in a low income household
- being a single parent
- residing in a remote location
- being an early school leaver
- You are unemployed or underemployed
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or a refugee under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- You are not in receipt of Employment Insurance during the work term
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a positive attitude, looking for a unique work environment
- Someone who takes care in the details of their work and can beautifully package our product to create an unboxing journey
- Quick and flexible thinker able to adapt to a rapidly changing company
- Previous experience in logistics and fulfillment
What types of things will you be working on?
- Ensuring correct fulfillment of orders (e-commerce, samples, wholesale) through creating packing slip, boxing, booking carrier truck and tracking orders.
- Replying to customer questions, educating customers, and ultimately leaving our customers happy with their purchase
- Engaging with new retailers to ensure they have all required marketing support
- Support the Operations team with other administrative tasks including data entry and order management
- This is an hourly position which requires about 16 hours per week
- Ideally our candidate works 3 hours per day during business hours of 8:30am-4:30pm and works from Monday through Friday. We are open to flexible hours or days depending on the candidate.
- Starting date of November 7, 2022 until end of February. Potentially longer term based on business growth.
- Able to lift 15 lbs at a time (cases of honey)
- The candidate must live in Calgary. Our office is located at 2540 Kensington Road NW, Calgary, AB.
What we need from you:
Send us a video to introduce yourself, tag us in a social media story or get creative to get our attention! Resume and references are also requested. Applications will be accepted until November 4, 2022. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org