Baked Brie with Cinnamon Spiced Honey
This recipe is a superstar. Drizzle Cinnamon Spiced Honey lends a complex, aromatic sweetness to the light, earthy flavour characteristic of a high-quality brie. Add in the nutty crunch of crushed walnuts, and you’ve got a classic holiday appetizer that you won’t be able to get enough of.
Serves 6 to 8
- Drizzle Cinnamon Spiced Honey
- 1 Small wheel of triple-cream brie
- Crushed walnuts
- Pomegranate Seeds
Crackers or sliced baguette
- Fruit of choice, apples and grapes pair nicely
- Preheat oven to 350°. Using a sharp knife, score top ring of cheese in a crisscross pattern, spacing cuts about 1 inch apart.
- If cheese came in a wooden container, place it back in the container (without any other packaging), then set on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. If it came in cardboard or other wrappings, place cheese directly on a parchment-lined baking sheet, without any packaging.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese begins to ooze a little. If not done, bake in 5-minute increments until top is soft and runny.
In the meantime, slightly warm Drizzle Cinnamon Spiced Honey by placing the jar in a bowl of hot water until it reaches your desired consistency.
Move the brie from the baking sheet to a serving platter, if applicable remove from wooden container, and drizzle a generous amount of honey over the brie.
Top with crushed walnut and pomegranate seeds.
Serve immediately surrounded with crackers, slices of baguette, and fruit.