Recipe by Aga Bodes
1 hr 45 min
- 6-8 medium apples
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup cranberries
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 8-10 whole cloves
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/3-1/2 cup Drizzle Golden Raw honey
- 10-12 cups water
- Thoroughly wash the apples. Remove the cores and cut the apples into quarters.
- Wash and slice the oranges (no need to peel the skin).
- Wash and cut in half cranberries.
- Add the apples, oranges and cranberries to a large pot with lid.
- Add spices, drizzle the top with honey, then pour in 10-12 cups of water to cover your fruit (leaving about an inch or two of space at the top of the pot).
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Using a potato masher mash all of the ingredients to release more of their flavors. Then cover and let the cider simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Strain your cider through a fine mesh strainer or through a cheesecloth. Squeeze out as much juice as you can. Serve hot with a few fresh orange and apple slices, cranberries, cinnamon sticks and star anise for a beautiful presentation.