Leaf Shaped Mince Pies with Drizzle Cinnamon Spiced Raw Honey
Recipe by Aga Bodes
1 hr, 30 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup nuts of your choice,
- 5 dried figs
- 1/4 cup Drizzle Cinnamon Spiced Raw Honey
- 1/2 tablespoon gingerbread spice mix
- 1 egg
- Using hand mixer beat butter and sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Stir in egg and vanilla and mix together.
- Gradually add flour still mixing on the low speed.
- Form the dough into a ball, wrap in the cling film and let it cool in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Chop nuts and figs finely, add the remaining filling ingredients and mix until combined.
- Place pastry on a lightly floured surface and roll out into 1/5 inch thick piece.
- Cut out leaves with cookie cutter.
- On the half of leaves place the filling, brush the edges with egg white and cover them with the second half of the leaves.
- Using small, sharp knife draw the lines that would look similar to the leaf veins.
- Brush your leaves with the egg wash.
- Place the mince pies on the baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 375F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking rack and enjoy with your favorite tea (and some extra honey)!